Muscle building workouts can only benefit you to the fullest extent, when you supplement them with proper diet. The right diet with the correct amount of protein can help you develop lean muscles quickly, and maintain energy. This is where Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) supplements can benefit you. Here are just 5 of the benefits that make BCAA indispensable for your pre-workout diet:
- BCAAs like leucine increase the capacity of protein synthesis in cells of your body, by making the protein developing components stronger and more efficient. So, when you include BCAA supplements in your pre-workout diet, you get a healthy protein supply, right when you need it.
- BCAAs can compete with the amino acid tryptophan to enter the brain, where they reduce the secretion of serotonin. The less serotonin is released, the less likely you are to feel tired during workout. As such, BCAAs can help you maintain intensity in workout and bulk up faster.
- BCAAs do not need to be digested by the body. As such, they are readily absorbed into the bloodstream and reach the necessary muscle groups quickly during workout. This can help you heal muscles strained from the workout much faster and grow lean muscles better, too.
- BCAAs reduce the rate of muscle breakdown during workouts for energy production, by interfering with the protein breakdown pathway. This can reduce the loss of lean muscle mass during workouts and help you maintain a healthier body, on the whole.
- Some BCAAs like isoleucine and valine are glucogenic amino acids. This means they can be directly converted to glucose when the muscles need energy during workout. This means less muscle fatigue, better efficiency, and overall, better results across the board.
Why Whey Protein Is Not As Effective As BCAA
True, whey protein is rich in BCAA. However, the amino acids in whey are bound to peptides and have to be digested first, before the amino acids can be released. So, while whey can be an excellent source of protein, it cannot hold a candle to BCAA, which is specifically developed to be consumed along with the pre-workout meal, and also between workout sessions to recharge muscle groups with fresh nutrients on the fly. So, don’t wait any longer to build a healthy pre-workout diet. Find out BCAA supplements that are good for you, and add them to your pre-workout diet to provide the right fuel to your muscles before high intensity workout sessions.